Sunday, November 6, 2011
jailbreak tool to support the iOS 5.0.1 Beta firmware.
Yesterday, iPhone Dev team pushed a quick update of its Redsn0w tool to jailbreak iDevices on Apple’s newly released bug fix update. If you’re not comfortable with Redsn0w tool, you can use Sn0wbreeze 2.8b9 on your computer, as both the tools are meant to provide tethered jailbreak.
iH8sn0w has added many new features and improvements to his jailbreak tool. Here’s the list of changes .
sn0wbreeze v2.8 [BETA 9]:
- Supports iOS 5.0 (9A334)/5.0.1-b1 (9A402)
- Fixed iBooks sandbox crashing issues.
- Fixed location services issues with iPhone 3GS
users running the iPad baseband.
- Re-added iPad baseband install option to iPhone 3GS.
- Removes UDID requirement/Beta timer in 5.0.1.
- Tethered devices are booted via iBooty which is
extracted to the Desktop after running sn0wbreeze.
- Supports untethered jailbreak on iPhone 3GS (old bootrom)
iPhone 3GS iPad baseband (06.15.00) users:
- Re-flash the iPad baseband via sn0wbreeze
if you restore(d) to a stock 5.0 firmware.