Saturday, March 6, 2010
Sony Ericsson’s Satio is going to get a firmware updates and we have the change log. If you don’t remember, the Symbian-powered handset has a 12-megapixel camera, WiFi, 3G, Bluetooth, GPS and a large touch screen. Here are the details of the additional features of the coming firmware:
* Support for WVGA video recording – The already great video recording will be enhanced to fit the wide screen format and hence resolution is also slightly increased to 864 * 480 pixles. (the preset size will still be VGA, user has to change to get WVGA)
* Upload of pictures to Facebook – It will be possible to upload pictures directly from the picture menu you have on the home screen or from the Media UI.
* Conversational messaging – “Conversations” will be nicely integrated in the messaging menu in order to easily find and inspire to more conversations with your friends.
* DLNA support – The new software will support DLNA media server for easy transfer of audio and still pictures. (Note that video is not supported)
* UI improvements – On top of above, several minor UI improvements have been done in order to optimize the user experience.
* The Facebook application that is now available on PlayNow for free download will be included in the sew.