Thursday, December 30, 2010
This was on the cards wasn’t it? Skype for iPhone has received an update which brings video chat to Apple’s iOS enabled iDevices. Yes, it allows you to do video calls on WiFi as well as 3G network. Mind you, the video chat is not limited to iDevices only, you can also engage in a one/two way video chat with the Mac and Windows machines as well. Video demo follows after the jump.
The changelog of this latest update goes like this:
- Make Skype to Skype video calls on WiFi and 3G*
- Call Skype desktop users (Mac OS X or Windows) and other iPhone users.
- Two-way video calls supported on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch 4th gen.
- Receive only video supported on iPad and iPod touch 3rd gen, with no camera.
- Make video calls in portrait and landscape.
- Skype video calling requires iOS 4.0 or above.
*Additional Data charges may apply
Download Skype for iPhone